After a dreadful and very forgettable season with the defending NBA champion Dallas Mavericks, Lamar Odom was deactivated by the team when a dustup occurred between Mavs owner Mark Cuban and the veteran forward. This deactivation basically shut down Odom for the rest of the season as he will no longer travel with the team and may have seen his last days in a Mavs uniform.
In the aftermath of Dallas ridding themselves of the biggest distraction on and off the court, Lamar Odom immediately packed his bags and headed to familiar territory. Apparently, Odom got on a plane and headed to Los Angeles and in the process was seen wearing a Los Angeles Lakers championship shirt.
A bold statement nonetheless as it has been no secret that the reigning Sixth Man of the Year misses wearing a Lakers jersey and playing at the Staples Center alongside close friend Kobe Bryant. With the Mavs still debating about what to do with the troubled forward after this season, Odom’s future in the NBA is very much up in the air. The veteran forward is currently still under contract with Dallas, but it seems likely that he will be released or traded this summer.
One option for Lamar Odom if released by the Dallas Mavericks is to rejoin the Los Angeles Lakers at a considerable discount. So much of a discount, that Odom might only make the veteran minimum on a one-year deal with the Lakers next season.
Another option for Lamar Odom, if he becomes a free agent, is signing with the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors has been paying close attention to the Odom situation and would definitely be interested in signing him if he were to become available. This might make things interesting if Golden State is prepared to offer more for the two-time NBA champion.
- Lamar Odom will head to the NBA Development League for one game
- New York Knicks at the Top of Lamar Odom’s Free Agent Wish List?
- Dallas Mavericks part ways with forward Lamar Odom
- NBA Rumors: Lamar Odom Headed Back to the Los Angeles Clippers?
- Dallas Mavericks likely to buyout Lamar Odom’s contract next season
One Response to “Could Lamar Odom return to the Los Angeles Lakers?”
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...