The schedule for the upcoming 2012 NFL season has officially been released with one of the most intriguing teams being the revamped Denver Broncos. No team in the league has made more drastic changes to their franchise during the offseason than the Broncos as they traded away up-and-comer quarterback Tim Tebow to the New York Jets and signed arguably the biggest free agent in NFL history in four-time NFL MVP quarterback Peyton Manning.
With Manning becoming the new face of the franchise in the Mile High City, the release of the 2012 NFL schedule for the Broncos was highly anticipated. Even though the Broncos won’t be playing Manning’s former team in the Indianapolis Colts, Denver has some intriguing matchups ahead.
In Week 1 of the 2012 NFL season, Manning will make his debut with the Broncos against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday Night Football. This will be tough test right out of the gate for Manning and company as they will face one of the toughest defenses in the league and the same team that bounced from the playoffs last season.
Other must-see matchups for the Broncos:
Week 2: @ Atlanta Falcons (Monday Night Football)
Week 3: vs. Houston Texans
Week 5: @ New England Patriots
Week 6: @ San Diego Chargers (Sunday Night Football)
Week 8: vs. New Orleans Saints (Sunday Night Football)
Week 10: @ Carolina Panthers
Week 14: @ Oakland Raiders (Sunday Night Football)
Week 15: vs. Baltimore Ravens
Obviously, the Broncos have that tough schedule ahead and will be have plenty of pressure right out of the gate to compete as a legitimate Super Bowl title contender with Manning under center. With that said, every move, play and game in the 2012 season will be watched carefully with NFL analysts determining whether or not Peyton Manning has anything left in the tank.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...