A couple of weeks ago, the NBA trade deadline had officially passed and the endless trade rumors in Orlando were finally put to bed with the Magic keeping superstar center Dwight Howard. Even though the NBA franchise was no longer being surrounded by trade speculation about their star player, Dwight Howard was still making the news with talks of the league’s best center reportedly wanting the Magic to fire head coach Stan Van Gundy.
It has been no secret during their time together in Orlando that Van Gundy and Howard haven’t seen eye-to-eye. With that being said, there has always been tension between the two for quite some time and now it appears to have hit a boiling point with Howard still adamant about wanting Van Gundy out.
As of right now, the Magic are headed to the playoffs once again with Orlando after clinching a spot in the Eastern Conference. Currently, the Magic are sitting in the sixth seed and would face the third seeded Indiana Pacers in the first round if the playoffs started today. Even though the Magic are playoff bound, things aren’t looking good right now with just four wins in the last 10 games and Howard dealing with an ailing back injury.
There is a good chance at this point in time that Howard could be out the rest of the season with a herniated disk in his back. After getting his back checked out in Los Angeles, Howard’s season was put in doubt and now the future of the franchise might look drastically different.
With the potential of a trade still a possibility, Howard could very well be headed elsewhere in the next year or so. In the meantime, Howard will try and get healthy, and continue to force Van Gundy out of town in Orlando.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...