The Peyton Manning sweepstakes have officially begun with the Indianapolis Colts and the superstar quarterback agreeing to part ways on Wednesday, March 7. The obvious contenders to land Manning have already expressed interest and are currently in the running. The Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets, Washington Redskins, Arizona Cardinals and the Miami Dolphins are all out to retain Peyton Manning’s services, but one team might swoop in to sign one of the greatest NFL quarterbacks of all-time.
That team may very well be the up-and-coming NFC West division champion San Francisco 49ers. With the 49ers making it all the way to the NFC Championship game against the eventual Super Bowl champion New York Giants, the once struggling NFL franchise has become one of the elite teams in the league once again with the right leadership on the sidelines with Jim Harbaugh and arguably the best defense in the NFL led by linebacker Patrick Willis.
Now that the San Francisco 49ers have one of the best defenses and head coaches in the league, the one key piece missing moving forward is at quarterback. Alex Smith did a great job last season and was impressive in the playoffs, but an upgrade of Peyton Manning might make the difference between a playoff run and a Super Bowl title.
The offense of the 49ers seems to be the only weak of the current roster. Running back Frank Gore, wide receiver Michael Crabtree and tight end Vernon Davis is a dynamic trio of talented football players, but with the potential of getting Peyton Manning this team could turn into the best offensive and defensive force in the NFL next season and beyond.
There is no telling just how much interest the San Francisco 49ers have in Peyton Manning, but if there is a chance they can sign him they will almost certainly look into it.
- Peyton Manning and Indianapolis Colts agree to part ways
- Indianapolis Colts will open training camp without four time NFL MVP Peyton Manning
- 12 NFL teams show interest in 4 time NFL MVP Peyton Manning as he looks for new home
- San Francisco 49ers sign free agent wide receiver Mario Manningham
- Peyton Manning picks the Denver Broncos as his new home
2 Responses to “Are the San Francisco 49ers in the hunt for Peyton Manning?”
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...