#1 Chicago Bulls (46-14)
Despite the constant injury problems and reigning NBA MVP Derrick Rose still trying to shake off the rust, the Chicago Bulls remain the best team in the league. With 46 wins and perhaps 50 before the playoffs, the Bulls will be as tough to beat as any team in the postseason.
#2 Oklahoma City Thunder (44-16)
This week will be arguably one of the toughest for the Oklahoma City Thunder with the playoffs right around the corner. With a 4-4 record in the last eight games, the Thunder may have exposed a chink in their armor which might be taken advantage of by the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers this week.
#3 San Antonio Spurs (42-16)
After getting dominated by the rival Lakers recently (without Kobe Bryant), there were some questions raised about Greg Popovich’s squad and whether or not they will be able to contend in the playoffs.
The Spurs longevity in the postseason remains to be seen, but it would be hard not to count them as a legitimate threat in the West.
#4 Los Angeles Clippers (37-23)
The Clippers recently hit their first big bump in the road during the Chris Paul era with the team and head coach Vinny Del Negro not seeing eye-to-eye.
Fortunately, the Clippers has bounced back and are looking as dominant as ever with their sights set on clinching the fourth seed or higher in the West.
#5 Los Angeles Lakers (39-22)
Kobe Bryant has missed five consecutive games with an ailing shin injury. Even though this would’ve been considered a disaster for the storied NBA franchise early in the season, it seems to be a blessing in disguise with the Lakers firing on all cylinders and winning four out of five without the league’s leading scorer.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...