After arguably his worst year as a pro, two-time NBA champion Lamar Odom has agreed to part ways with the defending NBA champion Dallas Mavericks. The short stint with the Mavs was followed by many with Odom having a camera in his face on the court and off. This constant coverage with no privacy due to the reality show with wife Khole Kardashian may have been the reason for the reigning Sixth Man of the Year’s problems this season.
With career-lows in almost every category, Lamar Odom has been a shell of his former self this season and nowhere near the player he once was in the two title runs with the Los Angeles Lakers. Even though Odom requested a trade after the failed blockbuster to bring perennial All-Star point guard Chris Paul to the Lakers, the versatile forward never really left Los Angeles with his heart and mind staying in L.A. while he tried to turn over a new leaf in Dallas.
The highly controversial trade that sent Lamar Odom to the Dallas Mavericks left a lot of Lakers fans scratching their heads with Los Angeles only getting draft picks and an $8.9 million trade exception in return. The trade was widely considered a huge step in the right direction for the Dallas Mavericks in their title defense as they vastly improved their bench and helped soften the blow of losing both Caron Butler (Los Angeles Clippers) and Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks) to free agency.
Unfortunately, the Mavs ultimately received the short end of the stick in this trade as Lamar Odom never really felt comfortable in Dallas. Now that the two sides have agreed to part ways, Odom will sit out the rest of the season and the Mavs will decide to either trade or release after the season is over.
- Dallas Mavericks likely to buyout Lamar Odom’s contract next season
- Lamar Odom will head to the NBA Development League for one game
- New York Knicks at the Top of Lamar Odom’s Free Agent Wish List?
- Could Lamar Odom return to the Los Angeles Lakers?
- NBA Rumors: Lamar Odom Headed Back to the Los Angeles Clippers?
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...