Along with many other NHL teams, the New York Rangers took a step forward in trimming their active roster today. They have officially trimmed 11 of their players from their training camp. Of these 11 was Wade Redden who will move on after clearing waivers to be on the AHL and whose wife just recently gave birth to their first child less than a week ago.
Should Redden decide to not report to Hartford, he will forfeit his the rest of his six-year contract with the Rangers and will then become an unrestricted free agent. Three more that were cut and assigned with Wade Redden to report to Hartford were Dale Weise, Mats Zuccarello and Evgeny Grachev.
The Rangers will continue their training camp, which now consists of 27 players, including Ruslan Fedotenko who is a tryout. They are now one shy of having 10 defensemen still in camp. Four of which are locked in – Marc Staal, Michal Rozsival, Dan Girardi and Michael Del Zotto, which leaves the final two (maybe three) spots open for grabs for Steve Eminger, Matt Gilroy, Michael Sauer, among others.
Goalie Chad Johnson will be returning to the Minor Leagues mainly due to his less than great preseason performances and the signing of Martin Brion. Three tryouts that were released this morning were Alexei Semenov, Brandon Manning and Garnet Exelby.
Kris Newbury, Jeremy Williams and Dane Byers all will have to clear waivers to head to Hartford after being cut from their roster today. These three will continue training camp with Hartford.
Apart from nine defensemen left in camp, there are only two goalies and 16 forwards. The regular season begins October 9th and there are still four more cuts that remain to be made. The New York Rangers have three exhibition games left and will play against Detroit at the Garden this Wednesday.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...