The best part of the NCAA college basketball is officially underway as March Madness is about to commence with all the best teams in the country going head-to-head in an effort to win a National championship. Even though most underdogs don’t make it past the first or second round, there is always a chance of an inspiration Cinderella story.
One of the few teams in the NCAA Tournament that won’t be considered a possible Cinderella story is the number one team in the country in the Ohio State Buckeyes. With arguably the best team in college basketball and the projected number one overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, Ohio State’s chances are looking very good right now as they are without a doubt the best team in the East Region.
Along with only having a handful of teams in the East Region that could give them a run for their money in the 2011 NCAA Tournament like the North Carolina Tar Heels (2), Kentucky Wildcats (4) and the Syracuse Orangemen (3), the Ohio State Buckeyes have arguably the best player in college basketball in Jared Sullinger.
The first team the Ohio State Buckeyes will face in the second round (basically the first round) of the NCAA Tournament is going to be either Alabama State (16) or Texas-San Antonio (16). Obviously, unless there is a huge upset here, the Buckeyes should cruise pass either one of these teams on Fri. March 18 in their home state of Cleveland.
The first real competition the Ohio State Buckeyes will face in this 2011 NCAA Tournament will most likely be the Kentucky Wildcats (4) in the Sweet Sixteen (March 24-25). Until that time, the Buckeyes should have an easy road ahead of them.
We will update you on the latest odds for Round two once the online sportsbooks set the spread.
Second Round: Ohio State Buckeyes (1) vs. Alabama State (16)/Texas-San Antonio (16) Fri. March 18, 2011 4:40 p.m. EST
- March Madness: Ohio State Buckeyes try to knock off the Kentucky Wildcats in pursuit of Elite 8
- March Madness: George Mason (8) vs. Ohio State (1) odds and predictions
- Kentucky takes out Ohio State and UNC to advance to Final Four
- Defending NCAA champion Duke Blue Devils and Ohio State Buckeyes fall in Elite Eight
- March Madness: Third round action has Arizona (5) vs. Texas (4) in 2011 NCAA Tournament
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...