Over the past few years, rumors have been circulating around the NBA over two-time NBA MVP point guard Steve Nash potentially being traded from the Phoenix Suns. Despite the fact that the Suns have basically been out of NBA title contention in the Western Conference ever since forward Amare Stoudemire signed with the New York Knicks, Nash has stuck to his guns and vowed to stay loyal to his contract in Phoenix.
With that being said and the fact that the Phoenix Suns made it known that they will not trade the superstar point guard unless he requests a trade, Steve Nash remained in Phoenix after the NBA trade deadline passed on March 15. Even though there were potential suitors like the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Orlando Magic and the New York Knicks, no deal was done and the veteran point guard will stay with the Suns for at least the rest of this shortened NBA season.
Even though it has become painfully apparent that Steve Nash’s heart is in Arizona as a member of the Phoenix Suns, the fact remains that he will not win a championship before he retires in Phoenix and if future Hall of Famer intends to get a ring before he calls it quits it will be with another team.
There have been talks of Nash being interested in joining the Heat once he becomes a free agent and that might be the best bet to win a championship before retirement. Despite the interest in Miami, another option will be with the New York Knicks. Jeremy Lin will not doubt be in the Big Apple for a while, but he isn’t the answer to the championship puzzle nor is Baron Davis.
There will no doubt be plenty of options for Steve Nash around the league once he becomes a free agent this summer, but the veteran point guard might be leaning towards joining forces with former teammate Amare Stoudemire and superstar Carmelo Anthony in New York.
- NBA Trade Rumors: Steve Nash likely to stay with Phoenix Suns?
- Steve Nash to consider Miami Heat during free agency
- Is Steve Nash getting traded from the Phoenix Suns?
- Steve Nash to sign with the Portland Trail Blazers?
- Now that Deron Williams is signed, New York Knicks New Frontrunners is Steve Nash
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...