There’s no question heading into NBA free agency on July 1 that Deron Williams will be the biggest name on the open market. With the ability to be a game-changer for any team that signs him to a free agent contract, Williams might single handedly create a power shift in the league with his decision.
As of right now, the consensus is that Williams will sign with either the Dallas Mavericks or remain with the Brooklyn Nets for the long-term. There’s an outside chance that the Los Angeles Lakers might be able to land the elite point guard via sign-and-trade, but it would be safe to say that Williams will be playing in Brooklyn or Dallas from here on out.
Once Williams is off the table, the next in line in terms of talent and potential game-changing status for an NBA team is two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash.
At this point in time, Nash is seemingly up for grabs with virtually any team in the running to land the future Hall of Famer. The Phoenix Suns are the likely favorite with the ability and willingness to pay Nash the most over the next two years or so, but quite a few teams are interested in his services.
The obvious choices for Nash in free agency are the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers and the New York Knicks. Reportedly, all three of these teams as well as the Toronto Raptors have a decent chance of signing the perennial All-Star.
In terms of winning a championship in the next two years, the Heat and Lakers have the edge. As for location, the Big Apple is the most likely destination with Nash spending the off-season in New York after every season.
Nash has let it be known that he is keeping his options open once he officially becomes a free agent on July 1. This leaves the door open for any team that needs an upgrade at point guard next season.
- Now that Deron Williams is signed, New York Knicks New Frontrunners is Steve Nash
- Deron Williams Leaning Towards Re-Signing with Brooklyn Nets
- NBA free agent Deron Williams narrows wish list down to Nets and Mavs
- Steve Nash to consider Miami Heat during free agency
- Free Agent Jamal Crawford Receives Interest from 5 NBA Teams
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...