It has been no secret throughout the last couple of seasons that the Phoenix Suns are going nowhere and is on the verge of a drastic rebuilding process. With Steve Nash still an elite point guard in this league and with high value, the Suns still refused to trade him unless he asked to be dealt before the NBA trade deadline on March 15.
Obviously, no deal was made and Steve Nash will play out the last year of his contract with the Suns. After this season, the consensus is that Nash will either consider retirement or work the free agent market for one last chance to win an NBA title. There are plenty of options out there and plenty of teams interested in the two-time NBA MVP’s services.
With veteran point guard and future Hall of Famer doing something similar with the Dallas Mavericks a few years ago and ultimately winning his first NBA title, Steve Nash might be motivated to move on and will intrigue many NBA title contenders in need of some help in the backcourt.
One option is the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers did land Ramon Sessions before the trade deadline to bring in some youth, but adding Nash would make them that much better. Another more viable or most likely option is with the Miami Heat.
With the Heat on the lookout for a solid starting point guard ever since bringing the Big 3 together in South Beach, Steve Nash has been talked about as an option in free agency. Now it appears that the two sides will almost certainly talk over the summer and discuss a deal in the neighborhood of one to two years.
Steve Nash may very well be the missing piece to the puzzle for the Miami Heat and help them get that elusive first NBA title in the Big 3 era. Nash as already expressed interest in joining the Heat when he becomes a free agent.
- Two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash to sign with the New York Knicks?
- Steve Nash to sign with the Portland Trail Blazers?
- NBA Trade Rumors: Steve Nash likely to stay with Phoenix Suns?
- Steve Nash Set to Get Two-Year $20 Million Offer from Phoenix Suns
- Now that Deron Williams is signed, New York Knicks New Frontrunners is Steve Nash
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...