As one of the most sought after free agents in the upcoming NBA free agent market, two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash will be looking to sign with a legitimate NBA title contender before next season in an effort to win a ring before calling it a career. With that being said, Nash will have limited options in free agency with only a handful teams being legitimate contenders with interest in a veteran point guard.
As of right now, the frontrunner to sign the superstar point guard is the Miami Heat. With the Heat being weak at the point guard position and looking for some stability to ensure multiple championship runs, Miami will almost certainly send an offer Nash’s way before next season.
Even though the Heat might have the edge to sign Nash with Miami having the best chance of winning multiple NBA titles over the next few years, the future Hall of Famer will have plenty of suitors looking to retain his services.
Another title contender that might pursue Nash in free agency is the Chicago Bulls. Now that Derrick Rose is potentially done for next season, the Bulls have targeted Nash as a potential short-term replacement.
The New York Knicks also remain a distinct possibility for Nash with the superstar living in the Big Apple during the off-season. Despite having a home in New York and always having a soft spot for the Knicks, Carmelo Anthony and company are somewhat of a mess right now. Not only are the Knicks struggling to put the right pieces to the championship puzzle together, but they also seem intent on re-signing Jeremy Lin to a long-term deal that might also effect Nash’s decision.
With Lin most likely the starter, Nash will become a backup and that might not be what he’s looking for with potentially better opportunities with the Heat and Bulls. Even though that may be the case, Nash has said that he will definitely consider signing with New York over the summer.
- Two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash to sign with the New York Knicks?
- Now that Deron Williams is signed, New York Knicks New Frontrunners is Steve Nash
- Steve Nash to sign with the Portland Trail Blazers?
- Two-Time NBA MVP Steve Nash to Keep Free Agent Options Open
- Steve Nash Set to Get Two-Year $20 Million Offer from Phoenix Suns
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...