Last season the Minnesota Timberwolves had yet another year to forget as they just won a pitiful 17 games out of 82 and were dubbed the worst team in the NBA at season’s end. Despite finishing with just 17 wins, the T’Wolves did show signs of promise with undisputed leader and All-Star Kevin Love coming into his own.
With Kevin Love making a case for the best power forward in the game after his performance last season, the Timberwolves have something to work off of and a player to build around. Even though Kevin Love seems to be the only player on the team that anyone talks about, Minnesota does have some promising young players like Michael Beasley, Wesley Johnson and Jonny Flynn.
There definitely needs to be some changes in Minnesota in order for them to be even considered to be a legitimate playoff contender in the Western Conference, but they do have the talent to make it happen.
Recently, the Timberwolves got some very good news as they learnt that Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio is finally ready to make his debut in a T’Wolves uniform next season. Even though Luke Ridnour and Jonny Flynn have been a decent point guards for Minnesota, Rubio could be just what this team needs to turn them into a playoff team.
During his time with Barcelona and the Spanish National Team alongside Pau Gasol, Rudy Fernandez and Marc Gasol, the Spanish phenom has been as advertised with the flair of NBA legend Pistol Pete Maravich and two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash.
Whether or not Ricky Rubio can live up the hype remains to be seen, but with the Minnesota Timberwolves struggling the way they have Rubio will be bust or a rising star within the first few months in the league.
- Kevin Love signs four-year contract extension with the Minnesota Timberwolves
- Minnesota Timberwolves Express Interest in Signing Brandon Roy
- NBA Rumors: Flip Saunders To Replace GM David Khan In Minnesota?
- Cleveland Cavaliers’ Kyrie Irving Wins NBA Rookie of the Year
- NBA Trade Rumors: Lakers interested in trading for Michael Beasley?
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...