As usual, the Los Angeles Lakers are all over the headlines after failing to win a championship for a second straight season. With Pau Gasol curling up into a ball and Andrew Bynum pouting his way through the NBA playoffs, the Lakers were unable to get the best of the eventual Western Conference champion Oklahoma City Thunder and now the rumors are starting to run rampant in Lakerland.
Just as last off-season got underway for the Lakers, Gasol is back on the trading block once again for Los Angeles with a good chance that the Spaniard has played his last game alongside Kobe Bryant. The consensus seems to be that if anyone is getting traded before next season that it will be Gasol that is shipped elsewhere in exchange for another superstar or multiple players.
With that being said, the number one target for the Lakers as of right now is All-Star point guard Deron Williams. As arguably the most sought after free agent of the summer, Williams has drawn a lot of interest and the Lakers seem to be prepared to make a sign-and-trade deal for the elite floor general.
As a result of the Lakers’ interest in Williams, the recently acquired Ramon Sessions has decided to opt-out of the final year of his contract in order to test free agency. This move by Sessions was anticipated with all the rumors surrounding Williams coming to L.A. and the fact that he wants some long-term security moving forward.
Now the Sessions has declined the player option of $4.55 million for next season, the 26-year-old will most likely be fielding a few offers for his services while waiting for a long-term deal from the Lakers. Despite wanting to stay in Los Angeles, the Lakers’ front office may have other plans and might be ready to let him leave.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...