Now that Deron Williams is officially off the table after re-signing with the Brooklyn Nets, the next best free agent on the open market is two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash.
Despite being 38-years-old, Nash is getting a lot of interest around the league with Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors, Dallas Mavericks and the New York Knicks all out to sign the future Hall of Famer.
After offering a three-year deal of $36 million to Nash, the Raptors were considered Nash’s best option in free agency with the biggest payout. Even though it is uncertain if any other team can top the Raptors’ offer, the Knicks are quickly emerging as the frontrunners to land the superstar point guard.
The fact that the Knicks are now the favorites to land Nash via sign-and-trade, the consensus is that Jeremy Lin may no longer be an option in the Big Apple. This is an interesting development with the Knicks supposedly not wanting to let Lin go.
Obviously, nothing is set in stone at this point with anything being possible in free agency, but the Knicks are definitely trying to bring in the veteran floor general in order to sort out this team filled with talent that seems to be going in the wrong direction.
If the Knicks ultimately bow out of running to land Nash, the Lakers are rumored to be another team strongly pushing the Phoenix Suns to make a sign-and-trade. With Los Angeles having no wiggle room in the financial department, sign-and-trade deals are the only way to pay big-name players before next season.
It’ll be interesting to see if a deal gets done in which the Lakers send Ramon Sessions to the Suns in exchange for Nash. A backcourt of Kobe Bryant and Nash would be a scary sight for opposing team.
Leave a Reply
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Denver Nuggets Part Ways with Head Coach George Karl
- NBA Legend Julius Erving Claims Lakers Traded ‘Damaged Goods’ to 76ers
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...