Last year the New England Patriots were arguably the best team in the NFL after the halfway point of the season. Despite being without future Hall of Fame wide receiver Randy Moss after trading him to the Minnesota Vikings, the New England Patriots were able to continue to win football games as quarterback Tom Brady became the frontrunner for the NFL MVP and eventually won the award.
Even though the Patriots were without the dominant downfield threat in Moss, New England were firing on all cylinders, but now the team is considering bringing in another veteran wideout. With Sidney Rice becoming a free agent once the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) gets the green light, the New England Patriots seem to be a likely destination for one of the league’s premier wideouts.
Now that Brett Favre has officially called it a career in Minnesota, at least for the time being, the consensus is that Sidney Rice will head elsewhere. With that being said, the Vikings’ wide receiver will almost certainly get a lot of interest around the league and one of the most intriguing destinations would without a doubt be as Tom Brady’s number one target in New England.
There is no telling just how interested the New England Patriots are in bringing in the one-time Pro Bowler, but there is no question that he would fit in perfectly in their offense moving forward. Rice might not be the fastest of wide receivers in the NFL today, but he is definitely one of the better wideouts in the league and would make the Patriots that much better next season and beyond.
Free agent wide receivers Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes might also be viable options for the New England Patriots.
- NFL Preseason: New England Patriots battle the Detroit Lions Sat. Aug. 27
- Patriots and Giants set up epic Super Bowl rematch for Super Bowl XLVI
- Super Bowl Prediction: Will the 49ers win it all?
- Cleveland Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry resigns
- Andrew Bynum Doesn’t Show Up For Philadelphia 76ers Team Picture
One Response to “New England Patriots interested in Pro Bowl wide receiver Sidney Rice?”
Leave a Reply
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Denver Nuggets Part Ways with Head Coach George Karl
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...