Last season the New York Knicks made one of the biggest trades in the history of the storied NBA franchise as they pulled the trigger on a deal that brought superstar Carmelo Anthony to the Big Apple from the Mile High City. This was a deal that had been brewing throughout the entire season, but the numbers and players changing hands were difficult to match up in order to make it work.
Fortunately, after going back and forth with the Denver Nuggets for months, the New York Knicks were finally able to make the blockbuster trade and finally bring a superstar caliber player back to the NBA’s biggest market. This move was thought to instantly make the Knicks a playoff contender and possibly in the NBA title hunt in the Eastern Conference as Carmelo Anthony would be playing alongside star big man Amare Stoudemire.
Not only did the Knicks have to perennial All-Stars in Stoudemire and Anthony, but New York also had some talented young players like Landry Fields to help bring this team back to life as one of the best squads in the East. The Knicks did make it to the playoffs last season, but were dominated by the rival Boston Celtics and ultimately swept.
This season things were thought to be different in New York as they would be a legitimate NBA title contender with the addition of Tyson Chandler and Baron Davis. Unfortunately, that hasn’t been the case as the Knicks have struggled to compete in the Eastern Conference and look like they could miss the playoff altogether.
With that being said, there have been plenty of trade rumors floating around the Big Apple with Amare Stoudemire and or Tyson Chandler being on the trading block. There is no telling what the Knicks could get in return for these big men, but the consensus is that if anyone is getting dealt at this point for value in return it is Amare Stoudemire.
There has been talk of a deal with the Orlando Magic to acquire superstar center Dwight Howard, but the Magic don’t seem too interested in making this deal. More potential trade proposals are bound to come with the March 15 NBA trade deadline drawing near and the New York Knicks continuing to struggle.
- Knicks’ Jeremy Lin Still Doubtful to Return During Jeremy Lin
- Atlanta Hawks battle the New York Knicks in Tuesday NBA Matchup
- Jeremy Lin starts Linsanity for the New York Knicks
- NBA Matchup: Milwaukee Bucks battle the New York Knicks odds and predictions
- New York Knicks Will Let Jeremy Lin Sign with Houston Rockets
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...