There have been all sorts of trade rumors swirling around the NBA as of late with plenty of scenarios with big-name players heading elsewhere. The one player that has been involved in more rumors than any other is Pau Gasol of the Los Angeles Lakers.
Even though Lakers GM Mitch Kuchak and VP Jim Buss let it be known that they don’t intend to make a blockbuster trade before next season, the consensus is that Gasol will be shipped out one way or another. With that being said, it seems as though it will be just a matter of time before the two-time NBA champion will be traded.
Currently, the Lakers are exploring all trade options for the Spanish forward with players like Josh Smith, Andre Igoudala, Dwight Howard and Deron Williams as potential targets for Los Angeles.
As of right now, the most likely scenario would be the Lakers making a deal with the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for Smith, but another trade proposal has surfaced recently with Gasol potentially headed back to the Memphis Grizzlies.
The Grizzlies were rumored to potentially be targeting Gasol recently, but the rumors started to fade away with Memphis not confirming the interest. That appears to have changed with the Grizzlies reportedly interested in sending Zach Randolph to the Lakers in exchange for the four-time All-Star.
It’ll be interesting to see what the Lakers ultimately do with Gasol moving forward as it seems more and more likely that they’ll trade him in the coming months. Memphis is potentially a trade partner that Los Angeles is willing to work with, but so are Atlanta and few other teams moving forward.
Needless to say, Gasol may have played his last game alongside Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles.
- Josh Smith has reportedly asked to be traded by the Atlanta Hawks
- NBA Playoffs: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Los Angeles Clippers
- Ramon Sessions Elects to Test Free Agency; Declines Player Option
- Could Josh Smith be headed to the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard?
- Is Pau Gasol still on the trading block in Los Angeles?
2 Responses to “NBA Rumors: Pau Gasol may be headed back to the Memphis Grizzlies”
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...