Dallas Mavericks at Phoenix Suns Thurs. Feb. 17, 2011 10:30 p.m. EST
The Dallas Mavericks are one of those teams in the NBA that always look good throughout the NBA regular season and get a lot of talk as a possible title contender, but as the season progresses and we get closer to the playoffs, this team tends to fall apart.
This season Dirk Nowitzki have done well in the regular season once again as they have had some strong outings in the first half of the year and will most likely head into the All-Star break this weekend on a high note. Even though they have had to play without arguably one of their best players in Caron Butler, the Mavs are sitting pretty in the Western Conference as they are the second seed behind the division rival San Antonio Spurs and just ahead of the two-time defending NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers.
On Thursday night, the Dallas Mavericks will travel to Phoenix to take on an old teammate in two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash. Despite the Suns failing to compete with the best of the best this season without their superstar big man Amare Stoudemire who chose to sign as a free agent with the New York Knicks, Steve Nash and company can still be a force to be reckoned with on their home floor. Many online sportsbooks have yet to post the odds for this one, but should be updated soon.
As of right now, even though the Mavs are the second seed in the West and arguably one of the best teams in the league, the Suns have been given the advantage on Thursday night with a -1 point spread in their favor.
The Suns may still have a talented basketball team with some veteran leadership with Vince Carter, Grant Hill and Steve Nash running the show, but the Mavs are just the better all around basketball team right now and should get yet another win before they head into the All-Star break.
Take the Mavs at +1 for tonight’s NBA betting.
Leave a Reply
- Brooklyn Nets Show Interest in Acquiring Kevin Garnett
- Aaron Hernandez Charged with First Degree Murder of Odin Lloyd
- Los Angeles Clippers Officially Acquire Doc Rivers
- Boston Celtics Ready to Make Sign-and-Trade for Josh Smith
- Six-Time NBA Champion Scottie Pippen Arrested for Felony Assault
- Denver Nuggets Hire Brian Shaw to Become New Head Coach
- Kobe Bryant Believes Chris Paul, Dwight Howard Aren’t Going Anywhere
- New England Patriots Aaron Hernandez ‘Likely’ to be Arrested
- Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers Deal Off the Table Once Again
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...