After recent comments by rising star Kevin Love stating that something must be done in order to turn the team around, the Minnesota Timberwolves immediately began exploring their options to considerably upgrade the roster.
Despite Love’s discontent for moves made in the off-season thus far, the T’Wolves haven’t done a horrible job as they were able to bring in former Rookie of the Year Brandon Roy and Russian prospect Alexy Shved. Even though both moves may turn out to be busts, they were bold moves and may improve the roster moving forward.
Reportedly, the T’Wolves weren’t done there as they also are finalizing a two-year deal to add veteran forward Andrei Kirilenko.
After 10 years with the Utah Jazz, Kirilenko decided to take his talents back to his native Russia. Kirilenko signed with CSKA Moscow.
In an attempt to make an NBA comeback, Kirilenko seemed to be the verge of signing a contract with the Brooklyn Nets. With Kirilenko sharing a bond with the Nets’ Russian owner, it seemed like a good fit as Brooklyn was building around the recently re-signed superstar Deron Williams and recently acquired All-Star Joe Johnson.
Apparently, the two sides couldn’t see eye-to-eye and Kirilenko was seriously considering heading back to Russia. Fortunately for Minnesota, the T’Wolves made a trade to clear up some cap space and is on the verge of signing Kirilenko to a two-year deal worth $20 million.
A brilliant move to say the least by the T’Wolves as they will greatly improve their frontline with the acquisition of Kirilenko. Playing alongside Love and Nikola Pekovic in the paint will be an intimidating frontcourt.
Minnesota may not become NBA title contenders with this move, but they will definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the Western Conference with the NBA playoffs being a distinct possibility next season.
- Deron Williams Decides to Re-Sign with Brooklyn Nets for $100 Million
- NBA Trade: Atlanta Hawks Send Joe Johnson to the Brooklyn Nets
- New Jersey Nets’ Gerald Wallace decides to become an NBA Free Agent
- Blazers’ Jamal Crawford will test Free Agency
- NBA Trade Rumors: Lakers interested in trading for Michael Beasley?
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...