Every single year in the NBA, the debate over the league’s best player and the NBA MVP is talked about all year long. Even though this conversation has been dominated by players like LeBron James (Miami Heat), Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Steve Nash (Phoenix Suns), Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat) and Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks) over the past few years, there seems to be a new player in the mix this season in the form of the Chicago Bulls All-Star point guard Derrick Rose.
Over the past couple of seasons, the Chicago Bulls have been a good team, but a bit far from being a great team. There is no doubt that this team has shown signs of promise with Derrick Rose leading the way for this storied franchise, but they just haven’t been able to compete with the best of the best in this league.
This year the Bulls came into the season with high hopes of turning around their franchise after adding free agent and former All-Star forward Carlos Boozer into the mix. Even though Boozer was a welcomed addition to this team alongside center Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose, the consensus was that this team would still struggle against teams like the Orlando Magic, Miami Heat and the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference.
Fortunately, the Bulls have been able to hold their own this season and have caught the eye of former Chicago legend and six-time NBA champion Michael Jordan. Not only does MJ believe that the Chicago Bulls are a legitimate force to be reckoned with in the East once again, but he also believes that Derrick Rose is this season’s NBA MVP hands down.
Pretty bold statement by Michael Jordan who stays out of most of these conversations, but it would be hard to disagree with his assessment at this point in the NBA regular season.
- Chicago Bulls in the running for Dwight Howard?
- Eastern Conference Playoffs Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Indiana Pacers
- NBA Matchup: Chicago Bulls vs Utah Jazz sportsbook odds and predictions
- What teams have the best chance of being upset in the Eastern Conference Playoffs?
- NBA Power Rankings: Spurs reign supreme
Leave a Reply
- Brooklyn Nets Show Interest in Acquiring Kevin Garnett
- Aaron Hernandez Charged with First Degree Murder of Odin Lloyd
- Los Angeles Clippers Officially Acquire Doc Rivers
- Boston Celtics Ready to Make Sign-and-Trade for Josh Smith
- Six-Time NBA Champion Scottie Pippen Arrested for Felony Assault
- Denver Nuggets Hire Brian Shaw to Become New Head Coach
- Kobe Bryant Believes Chris Paul, Dwight Howard Aren’t Going Anywhere
- New England Patriots Aaron Hernandez ‘Likely’ to be Arrested
- Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers Deal Off the Table Once Again
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...