The Dwight Howard saga is officially come to an end. After endless trade speculation, the Orlando Magic finally pulled the trigger on a blockbuster deal that has sent Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Even though the Lakers basically have made a straight up trade for Howard in exchange for Andrew Bynum, Los Angeles had to get two other teams involved to make the deal go through. Those other teams are the Philadelphia 76ers and Denver Nuggets.
Reportedly, the Magic will receive Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Moe Harkless, Nikola Vucevic, Christian Eyenga and Josh McRoberts. Orlando will also acquire first-round draft picks from all three of the teams involved.
The Nuggets will only receive Andre Igoudala in return. Despite one player heading to the Mile High City, Denver has brought in a considerable upgrade that might propel the team to the next level.
As for the 76ers, Philadelphia will bring in Bynum and Jason Richardson. Even though they lose Igoudala, Philly has also brought in considerable upgrades and a potential superstar at the center position.
Ultimately, this deal seems to work for all four teams involved. The Lakers get yet another superstar in arguably one of their best off-seasons in recent memory and the Magic have shed salary while bringing in pieces to begin an extensive rebuilding process.
The 76ers and Nuggets will also become forces to be reckoned with for the foreseeable future with the players they’ve acquired in this unprecedented blockbuster trade.
It remains to be seen which team will ultimately come out on top in this mega-deal, but it would be safe to say that the Lakers have become the favorite to come out on top in the Western Conference. Not only has Los Angeles become the best in the West once again, but perhaps the only team in the league that can contend with LeBron James and the Miami Heat.
- NBA Legend Julius Erving Claims Lakers Traded ‘Damaged Goods’ to 76ers
- NBA Rumors: Lakers, Magic Talking Four-Team Trade for Dwight Howard
- Dwight Howard Won’t Be Signing a Contract Extension Until After Next Season
- NBA Trade: Lakers, Magic talk blockbuster trade involving Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum
- NBA Trade Rumors: Andrew Bynum swap for Dwight Howard in the works?
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...