Over the past half-decade or so, the Boston Celtics has been arguably one of the dominant forces in the NBA. With Celtics GM Danny Ainge pulling out all the stops and acquiring Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen to play alongside Paul Pierce and rookie point guard Rajon Rondo, Boston were able to turn back the clock and become a perennial NBA title contender.
Even though the Celtics were able to win an NBA title back in 2008 against the arch rival Los Angeles Lakers, the age factor has finally caught up with this once dominant Eastern Conference heavyweight. Now that the Celtics are no longer the NBA title contender of old, GM Danny Ainge has started working the phones in order to look for potential deals around the league for three future Hall of Famers in Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen.
With Garnett and Allen having expiring contracts, they should be the easiest players to move heading to the NBA trade deadline on March 15. Despite the expiring contracts, KG and Allen have proven to be difficult to move. Pierce on the other hand has gotten some considerable interest, but nothing is imminent in terms of trade of one of the greatest Celtics of all-time.
Rajon Rondo appears to be the most movable player in terms of interest. With every team in the league looking for talented young point guards, Rondo is a hot commodity, but Boston maintains that they are not trading their All-Star point guard.
Needless to say, the Boston Celtics may be standing pat with the NBA trade deadline just days away. There is always a chance that a team could make an intriguing offer to the Celtics before the deadline, but chances are the Big 3 and Rondo will remain in Boston for the rest of the season.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...