Two years of speculation and rumors finally came to an end this past Thursday night as arguably the most popular player in the league made the much anticipated decision about where he would be playing next season.
Even though LeBron James had been linked to teams like the Los Angeles Clippers, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers throughout this free agency process this summer, the two-time NBA MVP decided to surprise everyone by taking a lot less money in order to play alongside fellow superstars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in South Beach.
The Miami Heat were big players in the LeBron James sweepstakes, but not many people gave them much chance to sign the superstar as it seemed very unlikely that LeBron would be willing to share the spotlight with two other superstars.
Despite most of the league believing that the Akron Hammer was either heading back to the Cleveland Cavaliers or going to sign with the New York Knicks, the Miami Heat became his final destination as he made it clear that winning championships was much more important to him than money and being the center of attention in a big city.
Even though the Miami Heat have pulled off what will go down as the most successful offseason in NBA history, the team only has four players under contract right now after trading away former second overall pick Michael Beasley to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
This could pose a serious problem for the Miami Heat as they will have to sign players for discount prices in order to fill out their roster, but they have gotten out to a good start by landing sharp shooter Mike Miller and could be after former point guard Jason Williams.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...