One of the most talked about teams in the NBA this season has been the Los Angeles Lakers. With the storied franchise losing arguably the greatest NBA head coach of all-time in Phil Jackson to retirement and trading away reigning Sixth Man of the Year Lamar Odom (Dallas Mavericks) for virtually nothing (trade exception), Kobe Bryant and company have struggled to get back to form this season as one of the best teams in the NBA.
A big reason for the Lakers’ struggles this season was the vetoed trade at the beginning of the season that was supposed to bring superstar point guard Chris Paul to Los Angeles. The perennial All-Star point guard still ended up being traded to L.A., but not to the Lakers as he has singled handedly turned around the Clippers.
This failed blockbuster trade really screwed things up with the Lakers as it forced the team to trade an unhappy Lamar Odom and put forward Pau Gasol on edge as he felt he could be traded at any moment. Luckily, the Lakers are still above .500 coming into their showdown with the arch rival Boston Celtics with a 14-11 record, but the consensus in Los Angeles is that a deal needs to be made before the March 15 NBA trade deadline.
Kobe Bryant was asked recently whether or not the Los Angeles Lakers will make a trade and the Black Mamba believes that the team will “tweak” the squad. This could mean anything as Kobe could be referring to a signing like Gilbert Arenas or J.R. Smith or a blockbuster trade for someone like Dwight Howard.
Needless to say, it just seems to be a matter of time before the Los Angeles Lakers make something happen in terms of bringing some new faces to play alongside Kobe Bryant in the City of Angels.
Leave a Reply
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Denver Nuggets Part Ways with Head Coach George Karl
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...