This season the New York Knicks have gone from a legitimate NBA title contender before the season began to arguably the most disappointing team in the league well into February. With the addition of free agent signees Baron Davis and Tyson Chandler alongside stars Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, the consensus around the league was that the Knicks would be a serious force to be reckoned with and a team to watch in the Eastern Conference.
Unfortunately, that just hasn’t been the case this season for the storied NBA franchise as the New York Knicks have been awful to say the least. Head coach Mike D’Antoni has taken most of the blame for the Knicks struggles this season and maybe for good reason, but a lot of the blame has to be directed in Stoudemire and Anthony’s direction as they haven’t lived up their superstar status.
Ironically, once these two stars went down with Anthony suffering a groin injury (out 1 to 2 weeks) and Stoudemire mourning over his recently deceased brother (out until Monday), the Knicks has gotten a much needed boost in an unlikely place. Point guard Jeremy Lin has come from nowhere and helped turnaround this struggling team.
Lin hasn’t been putting up numbers like All-Star point guards Steve Nash (Phoenix Suns) or Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers), but he has been getting the job done regarding with 20+ points and around 8+ assists in the last three games. Not only has his production inspired this team to three straight wins, but he has created a Tebow-like atmosphere in the Big Apple with Lin getting more attention than most people in the league.
Obviously, with Jeremy Lin being an Asian-American, the up-and-coming point guard has gotten a lot of extra attention around the country. Despite that being the case, this kid seems to be the real deal and will look to keep Linsanity going on Friday at Madison Square Garden against the visiting Los Angeles Lakers.
- Two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash to sign with the New York Knicks?
- J.R. Smith says he will join the New York Knicks
- Chauncey Billups says Carmelo Anthony will sign extension with Denver Nuggets
- NBA Matchup: Los Angeles Clippers vs New York Knicks Sportsbook odds and predictions
- Houston Rockets regret cutting point guard Jeremy Lin
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...