The 2012 Olympics are officially over with Team USA reigning supreme once again in the sport of basketball. Even though they were thought to give the Americans a run for their money in London, England, Argentina didn’t put up much of a fight in the final rounds of the tournament as they failed to even come away with a medal after losing to Team USA and Russia.
Despite a disappointing ending to the Olympics, Argentine guard-forward Carlos Delfino had to get right back to business. As a free agent, Delfino failed to garner much interest from his current team in the Milwaukee Bucks.
With the Bucks seemingly looking in another direction and willing to pass on the international star, Delfino was left in limbo with an uncertain future. Fortunately, the Houston Rockets were looking to bring in a backup shooting guard and Delfino fit the bill to come off the bench for Kevin Martin.
Reportedly, Delfino has agreed to sign a one-year deal with the Rockets.
The terms of the deal have yet to be released by the team. Delfino will be one of many additions to the team in the off-season with the Argentina native joining Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik and Jeremy Lamb in Houston.
Even though the Rockets were going after the big fish in free agency by trying to acquire Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic, Houston had to settle for smaller acquisitions by bringing in Lin, Asik and Delfino to help compete for a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
It remains uncertain at this point in time whether or not the Rockets will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future, but they may have some young pieces in place that could enough to compete in the West.
- Lakers’ Dwight Howard Will Explore Options In NBA Free Agency
- NBA Trade Rumors: Hawks Will Trade Josh Smith Before Deadline =
- Team USA Struggles to Beat Argentina in Exhibition Game
- Kevin Durant Leads Team USA over Argentina in 2012 Olympics
- Jeremy Lin Signs $30 Million Dollar Offer Sheet with Houston Rockets
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...