As arguably the most talked about player in the NBA this season, Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic has been in the spotlight ever since last summer with trade speculation surrounding the three-time Defensive Player of the Year. With Howard making it known that he intended on being traded before the NBA trade deadline on March 15, it seemed like just a matter of time before he would be dealt elsewhere.
Fortunately for the Magic, Howard waived the opt-out clause in his contract and retracted his trade demand just before the deadline. This move by Howard took everyone by surprise, but it still left the window open for a potential trade over the summer or before the trade deadline in 2013. So even though Howard elected to stay in Orlando for at least one more year, the same trade speculation will almost certainly begin once again when the current NBA season is over.
In the meantime, Dwight Howard is making waves once again with the Orlando Magic as he is reportedly saying that he no longer wants to play for head coach Stan Van Gundy. It has been no secret that there is no love lost between the two throughout their time together in Orlando, but no one anticipated that it would come down to Howard asking for his head coach to be fired.
As expected, Howard’s people have denied any statements from the superstar center about wanting Van Gundy out of Orlando. Despite that being the case, it is pretty obvious at this point in time that Van Gundy has no future in Orlando and Howard can basically pick and choose how he wants the franchise run while he’s the star player.
In the offseason, these demands and the constant waffling by Howard may prove to be too much for the franchise and a trade could be on the horizon. As for the right now, Van Gundy is on the hot seat and will most likely be unemployed after the playoffs.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...