The New Jersey Nets are without a doubt one of the worst teams in the NBA today. Despite having a perennial All-Star point guard in Deron Williams leading the way, the Nets haven’t been able to get back on track as a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference.
In an effort to turn around the franchise with a fresh start, the Nets have moved the team to Brooklyn. This move was genius as it should increase revenue and interest in the team moving forward. The only problem the Nets face from here on out is keeping Williams in Brooklyn and surrounding the right kind of All-Star-caliber talent in order to do so.
The one big-name that has been linked to the Nets over the last year or so has been superstar center Dwight Howard. With Howard wanting to part ways with the Orlando Magic via trade, the three-time Defensive Player of the Year asked to be traded to the Nets to form what could be one of the league’s best dynamic duos.
Unfortunately, the trade never went through as the Magic didn’t approve of the talent they’d get in return for New Jersey. With that being said, Howard was forced to waive his opt-out clause in order to stay in Orlando for at least one more year.
During the summer, the Magic will look to trade Howard once again and apparently if he’s not traded to Brooklyn, the Nets will lose out on Williams via free agency.
Apparently, Williams has given the Nets an ultimatum in terms of requesting that the team acquire Howard via trade during the offseason or the elite point guard will sign a free agent contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks or possibly even the New York Knicks.
- NBA Rumors: Orlando Magic Will Try to Keep Dwight Howard
- Orlando Magic owner doesn’t want to trade Dwight Howard
- Dwight Howard Still Wants to be Traded to the Brooklyn Nets
- NBA Trade: Atlanta Hawks Send Joe Johnson to the Brooklyn Nets
- New Jersey Nets’ Gerald Wallace decides to become an NBA Free Agent
One Response to “Deron Williams Wants Dwight Howard in Brooklyn to Re-Sign with Nets”
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...