The Dwight Howard trade rumors have been all anyone can talk about in the NBA besides the NBA lockout. With Howard being one of the best all-around players in the league and arguably the best center in the NBA since Shaq in his prime, there is no question that plenty of teams in the league will be doing everything within their power to bring in the defensive beast.
At just 25-years-old, Dwight Howard still has a lot of years left in him and the potential to lead a team to one, two or maybe three NBA titles in that time. The one team that has been linked to Dwight Howard and mentioned in a few trade rumors is the Los Angeles Lakers. With the Lakers being knocked out of the playoffs much earlier than anticipated by that eventual NBA champion Dallas Mavericks in the second round recently, the team is in desperate need of a drastic change to get that right back on top in the Western Conference and a trade for the three-time Defensive Player of the Year would almost certainly do just that.
Even though the Lakers are rumored to be dangling players like reigning Sixth Man of the Year Lamar Odom, perennial All-Star forward Pau Gasol and up-and-coming center Andrew Bynum in the Orlando Magic’s direction, there is a good chance that the trade could fall apart altogether.
One team that might be able to swoop in there and make a deal for Dwight Howard is the Atlanta Hawks. With Dwight being from Atlanta, the big man might not be opposed to such a trade, but the Hawks might only have Josh Smith to give up in return.
Obviously, there will be many more players involved, but the Hawks would most likely only give up Josh Smith which makes me believe that the deal will fall through.
- Josh Smith has reportedly asked to be traded by the Atlanta Hawks
- NBA Rumors: Pau Gasol may be headed back to the Memphis Grizzlies
- Eastern Conference Playoffs Sports Betting Preview: Atlanta Hawks vs. Orlando Magic
- NBA Trade Rumor Golden State Warriors courting Dwight Howard?
- Will Dwight Howard get traded by the Orlando Magic this summer?
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...