This shortened NBA season has been interesting to say the least thus far with somewhat of a turning of the tide in the league. With aging teams like the defending NBA champion Dallas Mavericks, Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers starting to take a backseat to the younger teams in the league, the Los Angeles Clippers amongst other teams have started to shine with a good chance of being NBA title contenders.
There is no question that since the Chris Paul trade right before the beginning of this NBA season, the Los Angeles Clippers have quickly turned into a force to be reckoned with in the Western Conference. Not only were the Clippers able to get their hands on arguably one of the best point guards in the league, but they also added veteran players like Chauncey Billups, Caron Butler and Reggie Evans into the mix.
The combination of all these talented players around up-and-coming forward Blake Griffin has been instant success, but now the Clippers have made their vastly improved squad that much better with the addition for free agent forward Kenyon Martin to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million. Even though the consensus was that Martin wouldn’t be able to sign until the end of the basketball season in China, the veteran forward was able to break free early and ultimately decided to join the Los Angeles Clippers.
This was a smart move by both the Clippers and Martin as it makes this squad that much more talented at the forward position. Not only did Martin sign for the most he was offered from any team ($2.5 million), but he might get a good chunk of minutes sharing time with Caron Butler at the small forward position and a good chance to contend for a title.
- Veteran forward Kenyon Martin gets interest from six NBA teams
- Los Angeles Clippers Sign Blake Griffin to Five-Year Contract Extension
- Dallas Mavericks likely to buyout Lamar Odom’s contract next season
- Clippers lose Chauncey Billups for the season with Achilles injury
- Blake Griffin Eligible for Five-Year Contract Extension with Clippers
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...