Before shipping off to London, England to battle it out for a gold medal with teammate Chris Paul on Team USA, Blake Griffin suffered a knee injury in practice with the team that required surgery and ultimately knocked him out of the lineup in favor of rookie Anthony Davis.
Ironically enough, Griffin had inked a five-year contract extension worth $95 million with the Los Angeles Clippers shortly before going down with the injury. This knee injury was a big red flag for the Clippers with Griffin out for an entire season after being drafted out of Oklahoma during what was supposed to be his rookie season in Los Angeles.
Fortunately, Griffin claims to be already good to go for the upcoming NBA season with a full recovery from the surgery. In fact, Griffin apparently ready to suit up for the start of training camp which will take place on October 1.
Even though it appears that Griffin will be back on the floor for the Clippers at the start of training camp, the same can’t be said for veterans Chauncey Billups and Chris Paul. Billups is still recovering from an Achilles injury and Paul recently underwent surgery on his thumb that will have him on the sidelines until the start of the NBA regular season.
Although the current Clippers squad is fairly banged up and in recovery mode, they will be a force to be reckoned with next season with the additions of Lamar Odom, Jamal Crawford and Grant Hill. With some veteran leadership and proven talent coming off the bench next season, the Clippers might be able to give the reloaded Los Angeles Lakers a run for their money in the Pacific Division.
It’ll be interesting to see how things pan out in the Western Conference next season and whether or not the Clippers will be back in the playoffs for a second straight year.
- Los Angeles Clippers’ Chris Paul Out Two Months after Thumb Surgery
- Blake Griffin might miss 2012 Olympics with knee injury
- Clippers lose Chauncey Billups for the season with Achilles injury
- Los Angeles Clippers Sign Blake Griffin to Five-Year Contract Extension
- Blake Griffin Eligible for Five-Year Contract Extension with Clippers
Leave a Reply
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Denver Nuggets Part Ways with Head Coach George Karl
- NBA Legend Julius Erving Claims Lakers Traded ‘Damaged Goods’ to 76ers
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...