This NBA season has been an interesting one to say the least in terms of jersey sales. Coming into the year, Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and LeBron James of the Miami Heat were the top dogs in league with jerseys flying off the shelves on both the east and west coast along with around the world. Both players have gotten so popular over the past few years that there superstardom has spread like wildfire across the globe much like Michael Jordan in the ‘90s.
Ironically enough, despite Kobe and LeBron being arguably the most popular NBA players in the world today, neither one of them topped the charts in terms of jersey sales with the NBA season coming to a close. After the Linsanity craze during the middle of the season, New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin had the highest selling jersey with everyone in this country and overseas jumping on the bandwagon. Now that the craze has died down with Lin sidelined with injury, a new top-selling jersey has emerged.
Despite being on and off the injured throughout the entire season this year, reigning NBA MVP Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls has claimed the top spot with the best-selling NBA jersey. This is interesting to say the least as Rose has taken a backseat in the league this season. Even though the up-and-comer has been sidelined for the majority of the year, it just didn’t seem to matter with the rising star’s popularity going through the roof with the resurgence of the Bulls.
So as of right now, Rose is the most popular player in the league with fans buying up all his jerseys, but that will almost certainly change this summer with the league’s best and brightest heading to London, England for the 2012 Olympic Games in which Kobe, LeBron or Dwyane Wade might reclaim the top spot.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...