After the NBA lockout was officially over last year, the New York Knicks were one of the most active teams in the league in terms of picking up players in free agency. One of the main targets for the Knicks was at the point guard position with no legitimate option in the backcourt.
Fortunately, the Knicks were able to bring in a few viable options at floor general with veterans Mike Bibby and Baron Davis. Despite both of these veterans seemingly being steps in the right direction in terms of competing for a championship that year, neither one panned out or was really worth signing in the long run with Bibby failing to make an impression and Davis struggling to comeback from injuries.
After suffering a horrific knee injury last May, Davis tore his MCL and ACL on the floor. Not only was the injury replayed over and over again due to the horrific nature in which he sustained the knee injury, but most people believed that it would be the end of Davis in an NBA uniform.
Surprisingly enough, Davis is determined to make a return to the NBA in his attempt to make a full recovery from the nasty knee injury.
There’s no question at this point in his NBA career that his best years are behind him, but if healthy Davis could be a force to be reckoned with as a backup point guard next season.
As of right now, a return to the Knicks seems highly unlikely with New York signing Jason Kidd and pulling off a trade for Raymond Felton. With clear upgrades at the point, the Knicks will pass on Davis.
The problem with Davis’ most recent injury is that it may take a long time to fully recover. Apparently, he may be out all of next season and would return to the game at the ripe old age of 34.
It’s uncertain how much interest there will be in an injury prone 34-year-old point guard after next season, but he might find at home for the veteran’s minimum.
- New York Knicks’ Jeremy Lin to Sit Out Game 5 in Miami
- New York Knicks’ Baron Davis Suffers Potentially Career-Ending Knee Injury
- Jeremy Lin Signs $30 Million Dollar Offer Sheet with Houston Rockets
- Mike Bibby to sign with the Miami Heat?
- New York Knicks’ Amar’e Stoudemire to miss first 6 weeks with knee injury
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...