There is no question that aftermath of the Los Angeles Lakers collapse in the playoffs has given the storied franchise a reality check. Kobe Bryant is no longer young superstar he used to be and this team as a whole isn’t getting any younger. With that being said, GM Mitch Kupchak has to start weighing his options as this championship caliber team might be on the verge of an extensive rebuilding process in the near future.
With Kobe Bryant having about three to five years left in his legs, the Los Angeles Lakers will need a superstar to take over for him when he does decide to call it quits. In the meantime, this team can still contend for an NBA title, but a lot people believe that Andrew Bynum and/or Pau Gasol need to be traded in order to do so.
Instead of going after another big man like Dwight Howard as they Lakers have been rumored to be doing, the storied NBA franchise might be looking to go in a direction by adding a premier point guard in the backcourt with Kobe Bryant. The two names at the top of the list right now are perennial All-Star point guard Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets and the New Jersey Nets’ superstar point guard Deron Williams.
In order to land CP3, the Lakers would have to make a trade before next season or the NBA trade deadline in February. Williams on the other hand might be a player they can by simply signing him to the right deal.
Personally, I believe Chris Paul is the better option for the Los Angeles Lakers as his game is versatile enough to play alongside Kobe Bryant. With CP3, both Andrew Bynum and Kobe Bryant would be much more productive and this team would be near unstoppable.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...