Thursday night was an eventful night for many and the third pick of the night came from the New Jersey Nets choosing Derrick Favors out of Georgia Tech.
The New Jersey Nets needed to find some of the best players to pick in the draft selection Thursday night. They recorded an all-time worst in the league this past season with a record of 12-70, which proves that the Nets need to add some depth to every part of their team and add strength as well as skill to each and every playing position.
Favors, the draft’s youngest player this year at 18 years old, definitely has the skill and strength that New Jersey is in dire need of. He has a lot of athletic strength and averaged at Georgia Tech 8.4 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, and 12.4 points. If you ask a lot of scouts and experts, they will compare Favors to a younger Dwight Howard.
The New Jersey Nets were also part of the prestigious draft trades, which there were definitely a lot of this year. It seemed like team after team was trading for something. The Nets traded their guard Chris Douglas-Roberts to the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for a 2010 second round NBA draft pick. The pick that the Nets will be receiving from the Bucks is actually a pick that the Bucks received from the Chicago Bulls.
In the 111 games that he has played with the Nets since being acquired back in 2008 in the second round of the NBA Draft, he has averaged 2.2 rebounds and averaged 7.9 points. Douglas-Roberts started 38 games this past season recording 3.0 rebounds and averaging 9.8 points. It’s not as impressive as some players but still, why trade Douglas-Roberts? This past season, he found himself to speak a little too much, which probably sparked most of the trade talk and then the actual trade.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...