The 15-day disabled list now includes the name of left-hander Brett Anderson of the Oakland Athletics. He was placed on the DL due to elbow inflammation and a strain in the left forearm. The final decision to put Anderson on the DL after he complained of tightness in his left elbow after his last start was when he threw on the side once.
Anderson came to agreement with a contract on April 16, just eleven days ago, that consisted of a four-year $12 million deal and includes team options for both 2014 as well as 2015. The deal could ultimately reach a remarkable $31 million. 22-year-old Anderson is currently 1-1 with an ERA of 2.35 within four starts. This is very first time on the disabled list in his baseball career.
As for Anderson, he didn’t seem too concerned about the situation when he was having the complications on Sunday. He said that he had experienced a similar issue just a year ago. However, the Oakland Athletics wanted to take precautions and Bob Green, Oakland’s manager, says that Anderson is set to undergo a contract MRI today. This MRI will help inform everyone how much time Anderson truly needs to miss due to this injury.
With Anderson being on the disabled list, who is to replace him on the field? That has yet to be determined. More than likely, this is mainly because the team will not require a starter until this Saturday. Regardless, though, I’m sure it won’t be too long before a replacement is named and put on the lineup.
In other related Oakland A’s DL news, catcher Kurt Suzuki is down with a sore left side as well as first baseman Daric Barton with a sore right middle finger. The relief for these two are Landon Powell and Steve Tolleson.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...