There has been a lot of speculation as of late surrounding the New York Mets and possible trade scenarios they might be exploring before the MLB trade deadline. The one player that has gotten more attention and been rumored to be on the trading block is perennial All-Star shortstop Jose Reyes. Even though Reyes has been a bit injury prone this season, the shortstop has put up solid numbers and is still without a doubt the best all-around player on the Mets.
As of right now, Jose Reyes leads the league in batting average (.355) and triples (15), but the New York Mets have been actively searching for teams interested in the superstar. The one team that seemed most interested in acquiring the 28-year-old is the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants.
With San Francisco seemingly the next destination for arguably one of the best shortstops in the league, Jose Reyes was almost certainly on his way out of the Big Apple and headed to the headed Bay Area. Unfortunately, that does seem to be the case now as the New York Mets have made it known that they have no intention of trading Jose Reyes before the MLB trade deadline on July 31.
This comes as quite a surprise to most MLB analysts as the New York Mets were set on trading the superstar shortstop before the deadline. One of the main reasons for this trade was Reyes’ declining numbers, advancing age and pending free agency.
After this season, Jose Reyes will become available to the highest bidder and if the New York Mets don’t re-sign him there will be plenty of teams lining up to sign him to a long-term lucrative deal that might rival what Carl Crawford got with the Boston Red Sox recently.
- Could Mets’ Jose Reyes end up playing for the San Francisco Giants?
- New York Mets Release, Option, Recall: Alex Cora, Jesus Feliciano, Fernando Martinez, Ruben Tejada
- New York Mets Send Catcher Rod Barajas to Los Angeles Dodgers
- Five Pitches In Mets’ John Maine Out of the Game
- Maine’s Exams Show Tendinitis
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...