The Los Angeles Dodgers look like a doomed MLB franchise at this point in time as their payroll seems to be in danger due to owner Frank McCourt’s financial troubles and the future of the storied franchise is uncertain to say the least. There is no question this young team is filled with very talented players like Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp and Clanton Kershaw, but they just can’t get back to form as of late with the squad seemingly ready to implode.
There have been times during this MLB regular season that the Dodgers have played well and looked like they were on the verge of breaking out of their funk, but it just seems that this team is either unmotivated or are a few pieces of the puzzle away from competing with the best of the best in the National League once again.
Recently, the struggling Dodgers suffered yet another blow to their hopes of contending in the NL West division as they lost starting shortstop Rafael Furcal once again. Even though Furcal can be one of the best shortstops in the game both at the plate and in the infield, the former All-Star has been quite injury prone over the years and has been bitten by the injury bug yet again after straining his left oblique muscle.
Back on April 11, Furcal broken his thumb after sliding into first base and was out six weeks. Just 13 days after coming back into the lineup, Furcal goes down yet again and could miss up to a month.
There have been talks of the veteran shortstop considering retirement with his injuries over the last couple of years, but he has been mum on the subject after his latest injury.
- Can the Los Angeles Dodgers get back on track this season?
- Could Mets’ Jose Reyes end up playing for the San Francisco Giants?
- Ramirez Scratched from Lineup for Dodgers vs. Padres Tonight; Dodgers Try for 10th Consecutive Win
- New York Mets will not be trading superstar shortstop Jose Reyes
- MLB Preview – Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies September 28, 2010
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...