As if Tiger Woods hasn’t already had enough going on in his life over the course of the past several months, he now has another problem upon him. Woods had to suddenly withdraw from the Players Championship Sunday due to pain his neck, which he is predicting and fearing may be a bulging disk.
Woods says that he has been playing through this pain in his neck since before the Masters, but he just simply can’t handle the pain any longer to play. He is unsure what initially caused this injury, but he does know that playing is not helping the injury.
Woods hasn’t withdrawn from a PGA golf tournament since 2006 when he withdrew from the Nissan Open at Riviera. He was required to withdraw from the last two rounds of that tournament due to coming down with the flu.
Woods started the day at 3-under but when he withdrew from the Players Championship on Sunday, he was 2-over.
As for the pain in his neck, what do you think is the culprit? It couldn’t possibly be the wreck he encountered November 27 of last year when he ran over a fire hydrant and then drove right into a tree, could it? This is what has caused Woods so many problems over the past six months or so and he did complain of a sore neck afterwards. Could this ultimately be why Woods had to withdraw from the Players Championship?
We may never know for a fact…but he will be having a MRI sometime next week to find out exactly what is wrong and if it is a bulging disk or not. We will also find out whether or not he’ll have to have surgery or just physical therapy sessions. We should be able to find out at that time an anticipated time for Woods to return to golf as well.
Leave a Reply
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Denver Nuggets Part Ways with Head Coach George Karl
- NBA Legend Julius Erving Claims Lakers Traded ‘Damaged Goods’ to 76ers
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...