Over the past few years or so, the Cleveland Browns organization has made an effort to rebuild with young players through the NFL draft and via free agency. For the most part, the Browns have done a decent job of trying to secure the future in Cleveland, but not good enough to compete with the best of the best in the AFC Conference.
With the Browns having to compete with arguably two of the best teams in the NFL every single season within the AFC North division in the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens, it can be tough to build a franchise that can be a legitimate playoff contender.
After drafting promising young quarterback Colt McCoy out of Texas back in 2010, the Browns were thought to have found the future franchise quarterback. Unfortunately, Cleveland waited until the third round to draft McCoy which indicated that they may not be considering him as a long-term option.
There’s a chance that McCoy may ultimately be the right man under center in Cleveland if the Browns’ front office can surround him with the right talent to make the team successful, but it appears that the team may be looking to trade him before next season to play behind college rival Sam Bradford with the St. Louis Rams.
With the Browns drafting Brandon Weeden out of Oklahoma State in the first round of the 2012 NFL draft, the consensus is that McCoy’s days in Cleveland might be numbered with the team leaning towards making Weeden the future face of the franchise moving forward.
With that being said, the Browns are actively looking to trade McCoy before next season with his value never being higher. The Rams appear to be interested, but there might be more teams showing interest throughout the offseason.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...