Last season the Philadelphia Eagles’ took a big chance of former superstar quarterback Michael Vick after starting quarterback Kevin Kolb went down in Week 1 against the eventual Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers. There were plenty of people that doubted Vick’s ability to get back to dominant form, but he was able to do just that as he became arguably the most entertaining and explosive football player in the NFL once again.
With Vick getting back to form after serving time in jail, the former villain of the NFL became a superstar once again and made a lot of people forget about his past with his play on the gridiron. The next former star player that will be looking to do the exact same thing next season is former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress.
With Plaxico Burress soon to be released from prison, a lot of teams around the league in need of a wideout have been considering signing the one-time Super Bowl champion. Whether or not he can still perform at the same level remains to be seen, but with Michael Vick re-emerging as a superstar last season, Burress might benefit from his friend’s success.
Reportedly, one of the many teams that have some interest in acquiring Burress’s services next season is the Oakland Raiders. Last season was a breath of fresh air for the struggling storied franchise as they finished the season at 8-8 and became one of the best running teams in the league with running back Darren McFadden leading the way.
Now that the Raiders have established their running game for the future, they need to make their offense more versatile with a potent passing attack. With that being said, Oakland will be looking to give quarterback Jason Campbell a downfield threat with a wide receiver like Plaxico Burress.
- Are the Oakland Raiders an option for Randy Moss?
- New York Jets wide receiver Plaxico Burress to set to play against Cincinnati Bengals
- Should the Chicago Bears target wide receiver Plaxico Burress?
- Plaxico Burress looks like he will be signing with the Giants or the Steelers
- Plaxico Burress narrows options to Jets, Eagles and Texans
7 Responses to “Veteran wide receiver Plaxico Burress could be an Oakland Raider”
Leave a Reply
- Brooklyn Nets Show Interest in Acquiring Kevin Garnett
- Aaron Hernandez Charged with First Degree Murder of Odin Lloyd
- Los Angeles Clippers Officially Acquire Doc Rivers
- Boston Celtics Ready to Make Sign-and-Trade for Josh Smith
- Six-Time NBA Champion Scottie Pippen Arrested for Felony Assault
- Denver Nuggets Hire Brian Shaw to Become New Head Coach
- Kobe Bryant Believes Chris Paul, Dwight Howard Aren’t Going Anywhere
- New England Patriots Aaron Hernandez ‘Likely’ to be Arrested
- Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers Deal Off the Table Once Again
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...