After spending some time in prison, veteran wide receiver Plaxico Burress wanted to immediately get back to business by earning a spot on an NFL team. Unfortunately, not many teams were knocking down Burress’ door due to the lack of faith teams had in a veteran wideout that had been sitting in jail from almost two years.
Even though the market wasn’t booming for Burress, the New York Jets decided to take the gamble on the wide receiver that was once one of the best in the game. After earning a spot on the Jets’ roster for Rex Ryan, Burress didn’t disappoint as he played much better than expected with 45 receptions, 612 receiving yards and eight touchdowns.
Once Burress had proven to everyone that he wasn’t done yet, the 34-year-old wide receiver believed there would be a big market for his services and one last chance to cash in on his talents in the NFL. Unfortunately, that doesn’t appear to be the case with Burress in the same boat he was in last off-season with no team willing to take a chance on the veteran.
One of the reasons for the lack of interest in Burress may be the money that he’s demanding in order to sign. Last season, Burress signed a one-year deal with the Jets for $3 million. That was thought to be the same amount if not a bit more with another team.
Apparently, Burress is using the Pittsburgh Steelers’ current contract negotiations with Mike Wallace to his advantage. The former Steelers’ standout is interested in signing with Pittsburgh, but appears to be asking too much in order to do so.
Along with the Steelers, Burress has also been linked with the Oakland Raiders. It’s uncertain where he’ll land, but he’ll need to come down to earth in terms of his asking price.
- Veteran Wideout Plaxico Burress Tries Out for New England Patriots
- New York Jets wide receiver Plaxico Burress to set to play against Cincinnati Bengals
- Plaxico Burress looks like he will be signing with the Giants or the Steelers
- Is Plaxico Burress headed to the New York Jets?
- Plaxico Burress Wants to Sign with the Carolina Panthers
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...