The Terrell Pryor saga in Oakland has officially begun as the Oakland Raiders have now signed the former Ohio State quarterback to a four-year contract. This contract was basically agreed upon in principle once the rookie quarterback was drafted in the NFL supplemental draft, but now it has been signed and Pryor has joined the team.
Not only is Terrell Pryor in the Bay Area and with his new team to start his NFL career, but he will play in the last two preseason games for the Oakland Raiders against the New Orleans Saints (Monday Night Football) this week and against the Seattle Seahawks (Fri. Sept. 2).
Another thing that makes this recent signing of Terrell Pryor interesting is that new Oakland Raiders head coach Hue Jackson (formerly offensive coordinator) has said that he sees Terrell Pryor as a quarterback and not a tight end or wide receiver. This is interesting to say the least as the consensus was that Raiders drafted Pryor to become a wide receiver in their offense instead of a quarterback where the rookie wants to play.
Personally, this is the best move for the Oakland Raiders as Terrell Pryor is a young and talented player with the potential to be the hybrid quarterback in the NFL. These days quarterbacks like Michael Vick can absolutely dominate opposing defenses and Terrell Pryor has the potential to be a dominate quarterback in this league by using his arm and his legs.
Of course, Terrell Pryor will not be able to play or practice with the Oakland Raiders until after Week 5 of the NFL regular season, but Hue Jackson has said that he intends to use the rookie quarterback under center at the time which will put the pressure on Jason Campbell to secure the starting job in the first five weeks of the season.
- Oakland Raiders select Terrell Pryor in NFL supplemental draft
- Could rookie quarterback Terrell Pryor land with the Oakland Raiders?
- Terrell Pryor declared eligible NFL for supplement draft but must serve five-game suspension
- NFL Week 6: Cleveland Browns @ Oakland Raiders
- Oakland Raiders Acquire Matt Flynn, Trade Carson Palmer To Cardinals
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...