After playing one year with the Cincinnati Bengals, the consensus was that six-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Terrell Owens may have turned back the clock and become a force to be reckoned with once again in the NFL.
Unfortunately, the Bengals had no intention of re-signing Owens and decided to take the franchise in a different direction. As a result, Owens wasn’t re-signed; Chad Ochocinco was traded to the New England Patriots and franchise quarterback Carson Palmer was dealt to the Oakland Raiders.
Needless to say, it was a new beginning for three big-name players in the NFL. Despite Ochocinco and Palmer joining the Patriots and Raiders, Owens failed to sign a new deal and hasn’t played a down in the league since 2010.
Fortunately, the Seattle Seahawks have shown interest in the 38-year-old veteran wideout and are currently working on a one-year contract with Owens. The details of the one-year deal have yet to be released, but Owens will be wearing a Seahawks jersey at the beginning of the 2012 NFL season.
Last season, the Seahawks were thought to have considerably upgraded their receiving corps with the addition of Pro Bowler Sidney Rice and up-and-coming tight end Zach Miller. The new additions didn’t exactly work out as intended with Rice constantly injured and Miller never living up to exceptions.
With the addition of Owens alongside a healthy Rice and Miller, the Seahawks hope to become a force to be reckoned with on offense next season. The real question from here on out is whether or not they have the right quarterback under center.
During the off-season, Seattle signed Matt Flynn to a long-term deal. Flynn appears to be the future of the franchise at quarterback, but Tavaris Jackson is making things interesting for Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll and a quarterback controversy may be on the horizon.
- Oakland Raiders Acquire Matt Flynn, Trade Carson Palmer To Cardinals
- Seattle Seahawks sign quarterback Matt Flynn to three-year deal
- Seattle Seahawks On The Verge Of Trading QB Matt Flynn To Oakland Raiders
- Will Carson Palmer and Terrell Owens reunite in Oakland?
- Carson Palmer wants to be traded by the Cincinnati Bengals
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...