Over the last few years, the Seattle Seahawks have been an incredible disappointment after dominating the competition in the NFC Conference for years with quarterback Matt Hasselback under center.
Fortunately, the Seahawks’ front office decided to make some moves in order to begin an extensive rebuilding process and hopefully make the NFL playoffs a few times in the process. The first order of business was hiring head coach Pete Carroll to take over as the leader on the sidelines and after landing the former USC Coach the players needed to follow.
After landing Zach Miller and Sidney Rice in free agency last year, the Seahawks brass were thought to have made the right moves in order to become the best team in the NFC North once again. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case without the right quarterback under center after Hasselback decided to leave town in favor of the Tennessee Titans.
Once Hasselback was gone as the number one guy in Seattle, the options became thinner and thinner at quarterback with Tavaris Jackson unable to shoulder the load. After Jackson finding out that Jackson was clearly not a long-term option, the Seahawks went after a high-priced free agent in the off-season.
Once big-names like Peyton Manning were off the table, Seattle went all in for up-and-comer Matt Flynn formerly of the Green Bay Packers. As a backup to Aaron Rodgers, Flynn was unable to showcase his skills and therefore never received an opportunity to show what he could do until the end of the 2011 NFL season.
The result of Flynn’s impressive performance to finish the season for the Packers, in which he threw for a franchise-record six touchdowns, the promising gunslinger attracted many potential suitors.
The Seahawks saw something they liked in Flynn and decided to sign him to a three-year contract for $26 million. Even with the big contract, Flynn was guaranteed the starting role as he had to prove himself and that he has with Carroll dubbing Flynn the starter moving forward.
- Seattle Seahawks sign quarterback Matt Flynn to three-year deal
- NFL Free Agency: Seattle Seahawks sign wide receiver Sidney Rice
- Oakland Raiders Acquire Matt Flynn, Trade Carson Palmer To Cardinals
- NFL Rumors: Tarvaris Jackson Headed to the Arizona Cardinals?
- Seattle Seahawks On The Verge Of Trading QB Matt Flynn To Oakland Raiders
One Response to “Seattle Seahawks Names Matt Flynn Starting Quarterback”
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...