In Week 1 of this NFL regular season, the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers went head-to-head in an AFC North division showdown that was considered to be the game of the week. Despite both teams coming in to this game with the mindset that this would be an all-out battle, the Ravens dominated their arch rivals from start to finish and took the early lead in the division.
Even though the Baltimore Ravens beat the Pittsburgh Steelers fair and share in Week 1 with a 35-7 blowout victory that wouldn’t soon be forgotten, the consensus was that their second matchup would be much different with the Steelers defending Heinz Field and considering the next game to have a playoff atmosphere.
On Sunday night, the Ravens and the Steelers battled it out in another epic showdown for the ages, but in the end it was the same result as Baltimore pull off the come-from-behind victory and sweep the season series with Pittsburgh.
The Steelers took control late in the second half of what was a field goal battle between kickers. Pittsburgh started moving the football both on the ground and through the air as quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a big day with 330 yards and one passing touchdown. Even though Big Ben had a solid performance, Joe Flacco was just a bit better in the closing seconds as he threw a game-winning touchdown pass to wide receiver Torrey Smith with eight seconds left in the fourth quarter.
The Joe Flacco touchdown pass was the icing on the cake for the Baltimore Ravens as they took the lead and got the win, 23-20. This win propels the Ravens in a two-team race for the AFC North division title with the surprisingly good Cincinnati Bengals.
- NFL Week 1: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens
- NFL Week 4: Baltimore Ravens vs Pittsburgh Steelers odds and predictions
- NFL Playoffs: Baltimore Ravens face Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Division
- NFL Week 9: Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
- NFL Week 14: Cincinnati Bengals vs Pittsburgh Steelers odds and predictions
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...