After being traded by the New England Patriots to the Minnesota Vikings and then being cut only to be picked up by the Tennessee Titans, future Hall of Fame wide receiver Randy Moss decided that it was time to call it a career as he was no longer considered to be one of the elite players at his position. There was a chance that Moss would continue playing if the Patriots came calling once again, but New England never reached out to the wideout and as a result he retired from the NFL.
On Mon. Feb. 13, Randy Moss turned 35-years-old and said that he would like to return to the NFL. Even though Moss is considered to be one of the greatest wide receivers to ever play the game and up there with the likes of Jerry Rice, the former New England Patriots star is no longer a young buck and considered to be old in NFL standards at 35.
Despite being 35-years-old, Randy Moss could draw interest from some teams in the league if he can prove that he is in game shape and finally ready to take on a lesser role. There is a chance that Moss might have something left in the tank and could put up Pro Bowl caliber numbers for another season or two, but his attitude has hindered his chances of resurrecting his career much like fellow wideout Terrell Owens.
Possible destinations for the veteran wide receiver are the New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and the Philadelphia Eagles. All three of these teams could use deep threats and might look into signing Randy Moss at a discount price if he looks like he can still compete at a high level in the NFL.
- Randy Moss in freakish shape and ready for upcoming NFL regular season
- Randy Moss retires after 13 seasons in the NFL
- Randy Moss wants to make a comeback with the New England Patriots
- Randy Moss Will Return For At Least One More Season Following Super Bowl
- Randy Moss puts on a show for the New Orleans Saints
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...