The Indianapolis Colts could be in serious trouble heading into the upcoming NFL regular season as they might have to start the year without their superstar quarterback Peyton Manning under center. It is no secret that Peyton Manning is the Indianapolis Colts’ offense and without him the team will almost certainly struggle offensively.
With no dominant rushing attack in the Colts backfield, Indianapolis lives and dies by the passing game. Without the four-time NFL MVP, the offense will be extremely poor and unable to compete with any team in the AFC South in my opinion.
As of right now, the Indianapolis Colts do not expect Peyton Manning to be out an extended amount of time as he recovers from neck surgery, but the consensus is that he could miss at least the first game of the season against the Houston Texans. This game is extremely important in terms of it being a divisional game and with the Texans being vastly improved; the Colts might have to come from behind all season long.
The Colts did sign veteran quarterback Kerry Collins to fill in for their superstar gunslinger, but with just two weeks to pick up the offense not many people believe he will be able to get this team on track. Fortunately, the Colts activated Peyton Manning on Monday and have given fans and teammates hope that the superstar quarterback will be under center for Week 1.
Peyton Manning will still sit out of the last preseason game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday night as he still isn’t ready to get on the gridiron, but the news of the one-time Super Bowl champion getting back to practice is definitely a step in the right direction for the Indianapolis Colts even if he can’t make it back to take on the Houston Texans.
- NFL Week 9: Indianapolis Colts vs Philadelphia Eagles Sportsbook odds and predictions
- NFL Week 2: New York Giants v2 Indianapolis Colts odds and predictions
- NFL Week 8: Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts Sportsbook odds and predictions
- NFL Week 1: Colts vs Texans Odds and Predictions
- Peyton Manning will sit Week 1 against the Houston Texans
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...