The New Orleans Saints got off to a rough start to the 2012 NFL regular season last week after an off-season filled with turmoil and scandal. The consensus around the league was that Drew Brees and company would have smooth start to the year with the lowly Washington Redskins on their schedule in Week 1 and a rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III leading the pack.
Unfortunately, the Saints stumbled right out of the gate with Griffin playing much better than anyone anticipated. The reigning Heisman trophy winner out of Baylor absolutely torched the Saints’ secondary all day long and led Washington to 40-32 victory over New Orleans.
After the disappointing loss in Week 1, the Saints will have a chance to bounce back in Week 2 going head-to-head against the division rival Carolina Panthers. Even though the Panthers are seemingly a team on the rise with up-and-comer Cam Newton leading the way, Carolina also struggled in the first week of the season losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
With this being a crucial division matchup, the Saints will need to come out on top in this showdown with the Panthers. As if getting off to a 0-2 start isn’t bad enough, a loss to the Panthers could seriously hurt the Saints’ chances of winning to the NFC South division title.
After an underwhelming performance against the Bucs last week, the Panthers don’t look like the same team in comparison to last season. With that being said, the Saints might be able to take advantage in order to get their first win.
As of right now, New Orleans is favored to come out on top with a -3 point spread. This spread is extremely favorable for anyone willing to bet on the Saints.
Take the Saints at -3.
- NFL Week 9: New Orleans Saints vs Carolina Panthers odds and predictions
- NFL Week 5: New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers
- Carolina Panthers sign Steve Smith to three-year contract extension
- NFL Week 14: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Washington Redskins Sportsbook odds and predictions
- NFL Week 3 Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...